This is my first pro-wrestling post since 2014. The reason why I haven’t done any coverage was because it left me tired and exhausted. But, I still watch, and here’s my thoughts on the past year:
1. The Retirement of Daniel Bryan/”The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson:
I expected that it would happen because of his concussions. The same thing happened to former NXT Tag Team Champion/Current WWE commentator Corey Graves. It is also sad because this was his life from 1999-onward, and it all ended in a health risk.
2. Gail Kim’s Induction Into The TNA Hall of Fame:
She earned it and deserved it. Enough said.
3. WWE Reviving The Roster Split/Brand Extension:
4. The Disrespect Towards Byron Saxton:
Cruel, inhuman, disgusting, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he went off on everyone.
5. New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) on AXS TV:
I LOVE IT!!!!
6. Mexico’s Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL)’s Partnership With Lucha Libre Elite:
It’s a great because we get to see a lot of independent wrestlers on national tv. It’s also great to see CMLL have talent from Total Nonstop Action (TNA), Ring of Honor (ROH) and New Japan on their shows.
7. TNA’s Mismanagement Issues:
TNA has to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL, because this was one of the things that led to the fall of World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
8. “Broken” Matt Hardy:
They said that this was a gimmick that wasn’t supposed to happen. But when it all boiled down to it: The Final Deletion, Delete or Decay, The Great War, Trick or Delete and Total Nonstop Deletion, it helped TNA!!!!!
9. Moose, Mike and Maria Kanellis Bennett Leaving Ring of Honor To Join TNA:
While it was sad to see them leave ROH, it’s wonderful that TNA signed them.
10. Damien Sandow Arriving In TNA and Becoming Aron Rex:
I enjoyed his anti-WWE promo his first night in the company.
11. The TNA Grand Championship:
The rules of the match for this type of championship stumped a lot of people, myself included, but I feel that the title will stay. I also believe that TNA should revive the Knockouts Tag Team Championship and the Television Championship.
12. Ring of Honor’s Women’s Division The Women of Honor:
They introduced the division last year, and while I like “The Exotic Goddess” Mandy Leon, Deonna Purrazzo, TNA Gut Check winner Taeler Hendrix, Veda Scott, Kelly Klein and Faye Jackson, it would be great IF THEY WERE ON TV EVERY WEEK!!! PLEASE FIX THIS SINCLAIR BROADCASTING!!!!
13. WWE’s Revived Cruiserweight Division:
This was highlighted by the return of The Brian Kendrick to WWE, along with the arrival of former ROH star Cedric Alexander and former TNA/ROH star T.J. Perkins (for those who may not know, he was Manik in TNA). It also came with Cedric revealing that he lost 22 pounds just to participate in the WWE Network.com-Exclusive Cruiserweight Classic. I don’t understand why the revived division is only seen on “Monday Night RAW”, along with having their own show entitled “205 Live” airing Tuesday nights on the WWE Network after “SmackDown Live”.
14. “SmackDown” Moving To Tuesday and Becoming A Live Show Like “RAW”:
WWE, you’re NEVER going to derail the Tuesday Night Lineups on FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC and The CW Network. Enough said.
Before I close, I would like to congratulate “Broken” Matt Hardy and his wife Reby Sky on having a second son who will be born sometime this year!!!
THAT’S ALL AND THANKS FOR READING!!!!!